Monday, March 1, 2010

Win Free Book with Pool History trivia


I've been continuing to research the Greenleaf and Mosconi question for an upcoming Untold Stories column. In the course of my work, I've come up with a good trivia question. Consider that Mosconi and Greenleaf played over 100 games against one another during the course of their careers. Consider also that Greenleaf was a bit older than Mosconi, and started his career somewhat earlier. So here's the question: How old was Mosconi during his very first documented match-up against Greenleaf? As a bonus, name the game and provide the score for that first match-up.

I'll send out a new copy of the Updated BCA Rules Book to the first person who can answer the questions correctly. Good luck!

-- R.A. Dyer

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Willie was 6 years, Though I've seen at least one source claim he was 7, They played, I believe, in Willie's father's pool hall, and the score according to according to Greenleaf, who won, was 50-46

Unknown said...

Willie was 6 years, Though I've seen at least one source claim he was 7, They played, I believe, in Willie's father's pool hall, and the score according to according to Greenleaf, who won, was 50-46

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, And I'm pretty sure it was 14.1 Straight Billiards.