Thursday, April 22, 2010

Autographed copies of The Beard's Bank Pool Books -- get 'em while they last!

And speaking of instructional books: I've just been flipping through Freddy "The Beard" Bentivegna's two excellent books on banking.  Both include great advice, plus wonderful anecdotes about some of my favorite pool players. His first book, "Banking With The Beard," includes a banking formula that incorporates the concepts of acquired english and cue ball english. It's 200 pages long. His second, "The GosPool of Bank Pool," also runs about 200 pages long -- but about half of it is devoted to colorful anecdotes. I found myself laughing out loud as I read about Minnesota Fats, Eddie "The Knoxville Bear" Taylor, Cornbread Red and Harold Worst. 

Freddy graciously has autographed copies of both books, and has allowed me to offer them here at $29.95 apiece, plus $5 shipping and handling. Also, as a sort of exchange program, Freddy is selling on his site autographed copies of my books, The Hustler & The Champ and Hustler Days.

You can find Freddy's website at www.bankingwiththebeard.com. There's also plenty more detail there about Freddy (a 2005 inductee into the Bank Pool Hall of Fame), plus some great vintage pool videos.

To get your autographed copy of his book from my website, you'll have to shoot me an email with your email address. (Click on my name below to call up my email address). Also be prepared to write a check, as I'm not really set up here to sell things so I don't have the appropriate credit card technology.  If you want either of Freddy's books,  act quick. I've only got a few copies.

-- R.A. Dyer

No comments: